BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Explore & More - The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children's Museum has officially opened daily. The museum will be open from 10-4 everyday, tickets are $11. Memberships are currently sold out, but will be reopened this summer.
The four-story, 43,000 square foot museum features interactive exhibits that tell the story of Western New York through their waterways, architecture, innovations and more! It sits on Buffalo's Waterfront, making it the perfect place to learn about the region's roots through hands-on play. Since May, the museum was has only been open on weekends as a soft-opening period.
“We are so excited to invite everyone to come see this community driven project as we bring this hands-on experience to Buffalo’s Waterfront. We have worked hard to create a place where everyone feels welcome to play,” said Michelle Urbanczyk, Explore & More CEO.
The museum offers a variety of learning play zones and hands-on educational spaces. Programs cover a wide range of subjects including STEM activities, art, music, culture, cooking and learning more about themselves and the WNY region.
· Daily open studio time in the three hands-on educational learning spaces included with admission
· Ever-changing paid classes in the three hands-on educational learning spaces
· Weekly Explore Even More (pre-K) and homeschool curriculum-based classes for students with exhibits designed to conform to NYS curriculum standards
· Monthly Super Sunday power play activity days with supersized fun with single-focus themed programming located throughout the museum
· Monthly Au-Some Evenings which give children with autism spectrum disorder and sensory processing disorder, their friends and family an opportunity to play and learn together in an understanding and supportive environment
· Quarterly Member events
· Quarterly Grown Up Night of Play events
· Season-long free Canalside outdoor programming Fridays all summer long
· School holiday and weeklong breaks programs
· Professional Development Programs for leadership training through the lens of play
Earlier last month, 7 Eyewitness News got a first look at the Explore & More museum. For more information on programs and openings, head to ExploreAndMore.org.