BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz and Erie County Health Commissioner Dr. Gale Burstein said Monday afternoon that COVID-19 hospitalizations have declined and discharges have increased.
Testing for COVID-19 has increased as well, with more than 17,000 individuals already tested. The county's testing criteria includes any symptomatic individuals by appointment only.
Those with symptoms should call (716) 858-2929:
- option 1 - for the public and general questions
- option 2 - ill with COVID-19 symptoms with a primary care provider
- option 3 - ill with COVID-19 symptoms without a primary care provider
- option 4 - healthcare providers
Kaleida Health testing site at Leroy R. Coles, Jr. Library - East Delevan Ave.
- Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For individuals with COVID-19 symptoms
- By appointment only, prescription or referral from primary care provider preferred
NYS Department of Health testing site at Cobblestone District - Perry Street.
- Drive through opened last week
- Sampling for symptomatic individuals that are part of the high risk population:
- close contact with a positive case
- health care workers
- nursing home employees
- first responders
- By appointment only. Call 888-364-3065
Dr. Burstein said Antibody testing is not a diagnostic test. It involves a blood draw or finger stick, and is available from some health care providers, some urgent care centers and Kaleida Health with a doctor's prescription.
She said people should get either the antibody test or the nasal swab test, but not both.
Domestic violence services:
All services are free and confidential, they include safety planning, medical assistance, assistance with pressing criminal charges and obtaining orders of protection, and shelter assistance.
The 24-hour domestic hotline is 1-800-942-6906. The Family Justice Center's number is (716) 558-7233. For Deaf and Hard of Hearing call 711, and for emergencies call 911.
Erie County Business Task Force's Resources for Business:
- Erie Grown provides resources for local growers and consumers
- ECIDA Business Relief Loans and Programs, call (716) 856-6525
- BNP COVID-19 Business Link provides information for businesses impacted by COVID-19
- SBA Load Programs, call (716) 551-4301