BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning (ECDEP) has created a new mobile app that's designed to help residents know exactly what materials they should and should not recycle.
The 'Recycle Coach' app helps connect Erie County residents to their personalized recycling schedules, local disposal information, and offers educational tools making it easier to recycle products.
The app allows Erie County residents to do the following
- Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
- Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
- Receive instantaneous answers to recycling questions
- Become recycling experts with a comprehensive “What Goes Where” search tool, including local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
- Help reduce the amount of contamination in the curbside recycling stream by learning how to make mindful and informed recycling decisions
“Our smart phones help us get to the right place, find answers or listen to music. We’re pleased be able to offer this informative app to make recycling easier,” said Erie County Department of Environment and Planning Commissioner Thomas Hersey. “One of the hurdles to recycling can be a simple lack of understanding about what can be recycled and what cannot in each community.”