BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital has implemented its enhanced visitation policy for the hospital's maternity and newborn patients due to "severe flu/respiratory illness season in our community."
The hospital has issued a few key points that potential visitors should know:
- Those who are ill should not visit the hospital unless they are seeking treatment
- Children under five-years-old should not visit
- Those under 14-years-old should not visit if possible
- Wash your hands and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer frequently
- Parents and grandparents are exempt from this policy and may visit 24/7 but are advised to wear a mask if they have an illness.
The full policy can be found on the Kaleida Health website here.