BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced empty tractor trailers and tandems will be banned from some highways across the state beginning at 10a.m. Sunday, February 24, due to the expected high winds.
Saturday the governor announced all travel will banned on the Skyway starting at noon Sunday.
- I-390 from Dansville to Rt 104
- I-490 from I-90 exit 45 to I-90 exit 47
- I-590 (full extent)
- Rt 104 at the Bay Bridge
- I-190 from Grand Island to Lewiston / Queenston
- I-290 from I-190 to I-90
- NY 5 from I-190 to NY 179 (with a full truck ban on the elevated section of the Skyway)
- US 219 from I-90 to Peters Rd
- NY 400 from NY 16 to I-90
- I-990 from I-290 to NY 263
- I-90 between exit 31 (Utica) and exit 61 (Ripley to PA line)
- Niagara Thruway (I-190)
The Department of Transportation is bringing in 15 wood chippers, 2 traffic signal trucks and 2 traffic signal technicians to Western New York. According to the NYSDOT, more than 3,900 supervisors and operators are on standby to respond to this weekend's event.