BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Local officials and organizations will come together to host a drive-thru back to school giveaway in Buffalo Saturday.
University District Council Member Rasheed N.C. Wyatt, Erie County Legislator April Baskin, American Medical Response, Majority Leader Crystal Peoples-Stokes and KeyBank will provide 300 families with backpacks, school supplies, masks and hand sanitizer.
Everyone that attends must wear a mask and practice social distancing.
"The Back to School Giveaway will provide families the essentials they need and relieves the pressure for struggling families. This event also puts the children we are helping on an even playing field with their schoolmates. Now they have a chance to succeed!" said Wyatt.
The giveaway will take place from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Nativity Miguel Middle School located at 24 Hastings Avenue in Buffalo.
American Medical Response will also be offering free EMT training and are currently accepting applications for its fall academy.
Below are the details for the fall academy:
- Candidates will be hired as full-time employees and paid throughout the entire academy.
- The academy is an 11-week program.
- Applicants must provide proof of high school graduation or a GED.
- Applicants must have an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen Interested candidates can contact AMR at WNYacademy@amr.net.