BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Fireworks are being blamed for an overnight house fire in Buffalo's Black Rock neighborhood.
Fire crews responded to the home on Thompson Street in the 1 a.m. hour. When they arrived, Buffalo police officers had already escorted the people inside the home to safety.
The fire started outside the home and spread inside. Firefighters said people were setting off fireworks, and they discarded the remnants in trash cans alongside the home.
The fire caused $50,000 damage to the home and at least $10,000 to the contents. It did not injure anyone.
7 Eyewitness News has reached out to police to see if anyone will face charges in connection with the fire.