NewsLocal News

Actions

Discarded cigarette leads to porch fire at apartment in Clarence

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 6:15 AM, Aug 11, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-11 06:17:04-04

CLARENCE, N.Y. (WKBW) — Fire crews say a porch fire at an apartment in Clarence was caused by a discarded cigarette.

Authorities say the fire happened just before 4 a.m. Tuesday at an apartment on Capstone Circle.

Investigators say the fire started when a cigarette was thrown into landscaping mulch at an apartment next door.

Crews were able to put out the fire quickly and no one was hurt.

The total damage was $60,000 with $30,000 to the structure, and $30,000 to the contents.