The Erie County Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry announced plans to open the two county golf courses, Elma Meadows and Grover Cleveland on Friday May 1, weather permitting.
New on-course rules and changes in course operations will be in place to promote social distancing.
Elma Meadows and Grover Cleveland Golf Courses 2020:
- Operating hours will be from 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM; 7 days a week
- No access to locker rooms, restrooms, or concessions
- Portable toilets will be available
- No walk-ons (tee time reservation must be made at www.erie.gov/golf [erie.gov] )
- Tee times will be every 14 minutes
- No carts will be rented (personal pull carts may be used)
- No cash accepted (debit/credit card only, fees apply)
- No rakes or ball washers will be available on course
- Tournaments and leagues are suspended
“Weather permitting, we are looking forward to opening the golfing season at Grover and Elma this Friday, May 1. The courses are wet right now so we need some drier weather in order to make that happen, but if the weather cooperates we will be ready to go on Friday,” said Troy Schinzel, Commissioner of Parks, Recreation and Forestry.