BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Construction on the skyway will resume once again Friday, March 29.
The New York State Department of Transportation has activated temporary traffic signals on Fuhrmann Boulevard between Scott Street and Ohio Street, and at the intersection of Louisiana Street and Scott Street.
According to the DOT, "The 190 southbound ramp to NY Route 5 westbound will be closed until further notice, and the westbound (outbound) lanes of the Buffalo Skyway between Interstate 190 and Ohio Street, will be closed. Motorists will begin utilizing the eastbound (inbound) lanes for both inbound and outbound traffic under the following schedule:
· 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. weekdays, Buffalo Skyway open to inbound (eastbound) traffic only.
· 11:00 a.m. until noon weekdays, Buffalo Skyway closed to all traffic.
· Noon until 3:00 a.m. the following day, weekdays, Buffalo Skyway open to outbound (westbound) traffic only.
· 3:00 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. weekdays, Buffalo Skyway closed to all traffic.
· Saturdays and Sundays, Buffalo Skyway open to outbound (westbound) traffic only."
The DOT says construction is weather permitting.