BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Giving up their Christmas their own Christmas to help others-- that's what the Tolley family has done for three years now. "Christmas Blessings" started with John Tolley, his daughter Kate says he was a very giving man who always wanted to help others.
"My dad wanted to give up Christmas to give to less fortunate children a Christmas," Kate Tolley said. Sadly, John passed away suddenly last June from a heart attack. For this Christmas, Kate and her family wanted to keep their dad's spirit of giving alive.
This year "Christmas Blessings" has partnered with Sweet Buffalo to help give 67 children presents under their Christmas tree.
"The generosity of this community, we are completely blown away at how much we have been getting," Kate said.
There are eight drop off centers for people to drop off new unwrapped gifts or if you would like to donate to the GoFundMe, volunteers will be going shopping on Christmas Eve to then donate to children.
- Bada Bing, 42 W. Chippewa Street in Buffalo from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. any day of the week.
- Bliss Salon, located at 1246 Payne Avenue in North Tonawanda or Change MS, located at 1100 Military Road in Buffalo,
- Own NY Real Estate courtesy of Marilyn Sinatra at 8623 Main St. in Williamsville
- Gramma Mora’s, 1475 Hertel Ave.
- Buffalo, Just Pizza, located at 2319 Niagara Falls Blvd.
- Amherst, Sweat Society, 1382 Hertel Ave in Buffalo
- Painting with a Twist, 1054 Union Road, West Seneca (Southgate Plaza).
"It's not just children who do not have homes, there are parents who are living paycheck to paycheck, there are parents sitting side by side with their kids in the hospital. Everyone has a different situation and every year we hope to make this bigger and better than ever," Kim LaRussa of Sweet Buffalo said.
Donations will be accepted now until Christmas Eve.