TOWN OF CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Town of Cheektowaga Police Department announced Chief of Police David Zack will retire after 33 years of service.
Zack served his last nine years as police chief, his last day is set for February 3, 2020.
Zack will begin as Chief of Police for the City of Asheville, North Carolina on February 4th, 2020.
The Cheektowaga Police Department says under chief Zack's leadership they:
• Received the National Federation for Just Communities Law Enforcement Leadership Award (2016).
• Received the National Alliance for Mental Illness President’s Award for creating the first Crisis Intervention Teams in Erie County New York (2012).
• Introduced the first Fair and Impartial Policing Training program in New York State (May 2015).
• Introduced the first Procedural Justice Training Program in Western New York (2015).
• Modernized the Department’s outdated Crime Scene Laboratory.
• Researched and implemented Department’s first ever early warning system for use of force.
• Introduced new procedures and investigative guidelines for the Professional Standards Unit.