BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — It's the season of celebrating with Mother's Day, Graduations, Prom, and other events. But with everything canceled, there are ways you can still celebrate.
- You may not be able to visit your mom, grandma, or aunt, but you can order them some brunch or dinner. Resurgence Brewing Company already posted its Mother's Day take out menu, and other restaurants will be posting those this week.
- Instead of buying a card, join the kids, and make a sweet homemade card
- You can send mom a song. Buffalo singer Jada Spight will go to your Mother's door to sing a song, give her flowers and a card all for $40.
- Disney announced they will air another family sing-along on Mother's day too.
- Facebook is hosting online graduation with a commencement speech by Oprah Winfrey! Other celebrities include Simone Biles, Lil Nas X, and Miley Cyrus will perform her inspirational song "The Climb". You can live stream the event on Facebook Watch at 2 pm on May 15th.
- Hang a sign on your front lawn for your graduate or decorate your door
- Prom is harder to celebrate, but you can check out a virtual Prom on John Krasinski's Youtube Channel Some Good News
- Get all dressed up to go no-where or have a cute daddy-daughter or mother-son dance in the kitchen
Even amidst the pandemic, we can still find time to celebrate life's important moments.
To all the mothers, thank you for all you do.
To all the graduates, congrats!
And for all the birthdays, proms, and other events,
Well.. Let's try to make the best of it!