BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Yet another local donation drive is being forced to change up its format due to the coronavirus pandemic. And this time, a longtime fundraiser is shifting its focus to help restaurants in Western New York survive.
The 18th annual Dining Out For Life drive, put on by Evergreen Health and KeyBank, starts Tuesday, and they're asking people to take a new approach to dining out due to COVID-19.
Rather than sitting down to eat, Evergreen Health is encouraging people to order takeout and donate to the Evergreen Health Foundation. KeyBank will match any donation dollar-for-dollar up to $12,000.
Instead of collecting a portion of the proceeds from restaurants, Evergreen Health and KeyBank are asking restauranteurs to keep their profits.
Here's how you can participate this year:
- Order take-out on Tuesday, October 13, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Invite everyone you know to do the same
- Spread the word via email and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, EVERYWHERE
- Donate to Evergreen Health’s HIV supportive services and be entered to win a prize
Donors can also make out checks to “Evergreen Health Foundation” with "Dining Out For Life" in the memo. Checks can be mailed to Evergreen Health Foundation, PO Box 1106, Buffalo, NY 14201.
The organizers of Dining Out for Life are also throwing in extra incentives for you to donate. Anyone who donates between Tuesday and October 31 will be entered to win one of the following raffle prizes:
- Two round-trip tickets on JetBlue
- A private tasting and tour for six at Lockhouse Distilling
- One of five $100 gift certificates to a DOFL restaurant of your choosing, sponsored by Lawley Insurance
- An iPad Pro, donated by Brian Szkatulski at HUNT Real Estate