BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Buffalo Sabres announced a partnership with Wegmans and Audacy for the 'Turkeys for Tickets' turkey drive to benefit the Buffalo City Mission and FeedMore WNY.
The drive will be held Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the following locations:
- KeyBank Center Surface Lot (Enter lot from Baltimore Street, via Perry Street)
- Wegmans in Amherst (675 Alberta Dr., Amherst, NY 14226)
- Wegmans in West Seneca (370 Orchard Park Rd., West Seneca, NY 14224)
For every 20-pound turkey donated, or equivalent of a 20-pound turkey, the Sabres will give the donor one voucher good for two tickets to an upcoming home game. In addition to the ticket voucher, donors will receive a Sabres and Wegmans branded Thanksgiving placemat while supplies last. A maximum of one voucher will be allotted per person.
The voucher can be redeemed for tickets to the following games:
- Monday, Nov. 22 vs. Columbus
- Monday, Nov. 29 vs. Seattle
- Tuesday, Dec. 7 vs. Anaheim
- Friday, Dec. 10 vs. New York Rangers
- Monday, Dec. 20 vs. Columbus
- Wednesday, Dec. 22 vs. Colorado
- Monday, Dec. 27 vs. New York Islanders
- Wednesday, Dec. 29 vs. New Jersey
- Thursday, Jan. 6 vs. San Jose
- Thursday, Jan. 20 vs. Dallas
The drive was postponed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Turkeys for Tickets drive is a crucial event for FeedMore WNY as we work to provide food insecure families with nourishing meals during the holidays. Currently, one in 8 people in FeedMore WNY’s four-county service area may struggle with hunger. For many of these neighbors, sitting down to a plentiful meal during the holidays is not always a given. We are deeply grateful to the Buffalo Sabres, Wegmans and Audacy for continuing to make Turkeys for Tickets possible, and we encourage community members to stop by one of these three convenient locations to donate turkeys for local families in need.