NewsLocal News

Actions

Afternoon fire in Lockport caused by remote control car battery

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 6:12 AM, Mar 08, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-08 06:12:08-05

LOCKPORT, N.Y. (WKBW) — Fire investigators in Lockport now say a fire at an apartment was caused by a remote control car battery.

The blaze broke out just before 3:30 Thursday afternoon at an apartment building on the 100 block of West Avenue. Crews were able to get the fire under control within 15 minutes and rescued a dog and a cat from inside.

They determined that a large R/C car battery that was charging on a chair sent the chair up in flames.

Damage totaled about $10,000 and no one was hurt.