BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — AAA says the average price of gas continues to rise nationally and across New York State.
Last week AAA reported the price of gas was on the rise as a direct result of all major Gulf Coast refineries being impacted by the recent winter storm. Gas prices remain on the rise due to the impacts of that storm.
Nationally, as of February 22, the average price of a gallon of gas is $2.64, AAA says that is up 13 cents from last week. In New York State the average price is $2.70 which AAA says is up 10 cents from last week. Last year at this time the NYS average was $2.61.
The following are local averages throughout Western and Central New York:
- Batavia - $2.63 (up 11 cents since last week)
- Buffalo - $2.65 (up 13 cents since last week)
- Ithaca - $2.68 (up 12 cents since last week)
- Rochester - $2.67 (up 12 cents since last week)
- Rome - $2.72 (up nine cents since last week)
- Syracuse - $2.66 (up 12 cents since last week)
- Watertown - $2.72 (up nine cents since last week
AAA predicted last week the Gulf Coast refineries would resume normal operations sometime this week.