BUFFALO, N.Y. — Cedric Lipford, a 12-year-old boy from Buffalo, was playing with his brother and a friend when the friend began struggling to breathe.
According to Cedric, his 10-year-old friend's throat began to close due to an allergic reaction to a peanut.
After his friend collapsed, Cedric said he knew he had to act quickly.
"He was passed out. Not breathing," said Cedric. "So, I started chest compressions and I brought him back to life."
Cedric and his 8-year-old brother, Myshawn, said they then walked their friend home to his family, where the boy's mother took over care.
Cedric's father, Shawn Lipford, says he's impressed by his son's actions— which Cedric said he learned by watching TV.