Labatt USA announced today they have launched a national search for a brewmaster to lead its first brewery in the U.S.
The brewmaster should have at least 10 years of experience brewing, drinking, sampling, and refining beer. He or she will oversee brewing operation at the new pilot brewery located at 79 Perry Street.
Take a look at the responsibilities for the position:
- Brewing Management: Manage brewing operations for a 10 bbl, 4 vessel brewhouse with 11 fermenters and 8 brite tanks. Includes recipe management, operating procedures, release parameters, and safety policies.
- Beer Development: Create new beer recipes and test brews. Keep recipes updated and adjusted to meet goals. Create product definitions and recipes, descriptions, standard costs and revision controls.
- Quality Control
- Oversee Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer Interaction
And here are the requirements:
- Approximately 10 years of brewing experience preferred
- Short course in brewing from an accredited brewing science school or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing or related science field and/or Certificate from an accredited brewing science school preferred
- Advanced understanding of brewing science
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling, safe work operations, safety policies and procedures
- Ability to make presentations to large and small groups and act as brand spokesperson
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal partners
Those interested can apply here!