Company Name : Worldwide Protective Products
City, State for position : Hamburg, NY
Job Title : Utility Machine Operator
Job Type : Full Time
Job Category (Financial, Retail, etc.) (Optional) : Manufacturing
Job Description : Summary: Operate or tend different machines in the sewing department by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ability to operate various machinery within the sewing department.
• Sleeve Turning: Turning cut sleeves on a pole to produce 2 ply sleeves.
• Stamping: Operating machine to apply image to sleeve.
• Thumb Hole Punch: Operate machine to click thumb hole.
• Insert tubing: Operates a machine to insert material into sleeve roll.
• Bagging Machine: Correctly bag by quantity and styles per customer order.
• Cutting: Cut appropriate sleeves in the correct area and measure to ensure proper measurements. Count and put in tubs.
• Formers: Put gloves on formers to stretch gloves.
• Must strive for perfection per customer requirements on all sleeves/gloves.
• Monitors machine operation to detect problems and malfunctions.
• Activates and adjusts machine controls to regulate speed.
• Examines and measures finished good to verify conformances to standards.
• Records amount of materials processed in production reports.
• Help keep sewing area neat and organized.
• Quality control for defects in material.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Job Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 years similar industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Mechanical skills required.
• Skilled in the use of sewing machine and other mechanical equipment.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to use a ruler using fractions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk.
• Use hands to handle product The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range (Optional) : $12.00/ hr
Other ways to apply (Phone, email, etc.) : In person at 4255 McKinley Pkwy. Hamburg, NY 14075