Company Name : Worldwide Protective Products
City, State for position : Hamburg, NY
Job Title : Sewing Machine Operator
Job Type : Full Time
Job Category (Financial, Retail, etc.) (Optional) : Manufacturing
Job Description : Summary: Assembles products in accordance with established standards by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Use sewing machine to sew gloves / sleeves by applying over edging.
• Must change needles and thread as needed.
• Knowledge of threading the machine.
• Remove strings as needed.
• Perform visual inspections for defects.
• Verify product in bin to what is on the bin ticket before sewing.
• Maintain accurate record of completed work.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Team oriented with a positive work attitude.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and scheduled physical inventory.
• Perform other duties if required.
Job Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Skilled in the use of sewing machine.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to read a ruler using fractions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for an extended period of time.
• Use hands to handle product.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee should have the ability to work overtime on an as needed basis.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis..
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range (Optional) : $12.00/ hr
Other ways to apply (Phone, email, etc.) : In person at 4255 McKinley Pkwy. Hamburg, NY 14075