Company Name : Worldwide Protective Products
City, State for position : Hamburg, NY
Job Title : Screen Printing Machine Operator
Job Type : Full Time
Job Category (Financial, Retail, etc.) (Optional) : Manufacturing
Job Description : Tends machine that prints designs, patterns, lettering, or other images or other compounds onto gloves by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Cleans silk screen as needed.
• Load ink in screen as needed via foot pump or hand pump
• Check and verify that gloves being loaded are correct per job paperwork.
• Quality control of product to ensure that the print is free of defects.
• Loading of gloves on hand forms.
• Unload and pack gloves in required piece count per bundle
• Pack bundles in case per required amount
• Help keep production area neat and organized.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Job Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is regularly required to stand for an extended period of time.
• The employee is frequently required to walk.
• Use hands to handle product.
• The employee is occasionally to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range (Optional) : $12.00/ hr
Other ways to apply (Phone, email, etc.) : In person at 4255 McKinley Pkwy. Hamburg, NY 14075