There's no denying it, Buffalo and Western New York have some of the best museums around. And here is your chance to soak up all that history, architecture and culture, free of charge!
On Monday, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown announced details for the upcoming "Museum Day Live!" event, set for Saturday, September 26th.
More than a dozen Buffalo area museums and cultural institutions will offer free admission to visitors with a "Museum Day Live!" ticket. You can get your ticket here.
These are the local museums and cultural institutions participating in the event:
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery
- Buffalo Harbor Museum/Lower Lakes Marine Historical Society
- Buffalo History Museum
- Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Burchfield Penney Art Center
- Colored Musicians Club Jazz Museum
- Erie Canal Discovery Center
- Fenton History Center
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Lucy-Desi Museum and Center for Comedy
- Museum of disABILITY History
- Nash House Museum
- Niagara County Historical Society/The History Center
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History
- Steel Plant Museum of Western New York
- Theodore Roosevelt National Inaugural Historic Site
Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:
Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail: