Residents in the Village of Holley, Orleans County were asked to stay inside and not use any electronics following a natural gas leak Thursday morning.
According to an alert issued at 8:03am on Thursday by Orleans County Emergency Management, a construction crew ruptured a two-inch gas line, causing it to leak. It happened at Jackson Street and Van Buren Street.
A shelter order was put in place. Residents were asked to close their windows and not use any electrical appliances, phones, etc.
Multiple fire companies and emergency crews responded to the scene.
The order was lifted a couple hours later.
|Live video, the latest news and no surveys - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|