Firefighters in the Town of Batavia are trying to figure out what caused a fire, fueled by high winds, on East Road.
Crews were called to the home about 9:15 p.m. Wednesday. Firefighters say they found a home with flames shooting out the side.
No one was inside when the fire started. No one was hurt.
Firefighters say winds caused the fire to quickly chew through the home. They mark this a total loss.
"Definitely it's a battle. It's never easy when the wind condition is helping to fuel the fire pretty quick," Deputy Fire Chief Chad Higgins said. "It makes the flames pretty heavy and intense. And it's also at the tail end of our district so it takes a little extra time to get out to this side of town as well."
Firefighters are looking at an unattended stove as a possible cause. There is no official word on an actual cause of this fire.
|Breaking News Alerts, Live video, and your hour-by-hour forecast - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|