Say Yes Buffalo and New York State Senator Tim Kennedy are looking for Western New Yorkers to help needy incoming college students make the transition from high school to college.
The "Dorm Room Survival Kit & School Supplies Drive" collects college essentials such as school supplies, laundry, and bedding items for Buffalo's Say Yes scholars.
The Say Yes scholarship covers college tuition, but according to Say Yes, approximately 50-percent of scholars have a combined family income below $25,000, and 70-percent are below $55,000, leaving many facing extreme poverty. That means many cannot afford the other costs associated with going to college or living in a dorm.
Say Yes is specifically looking for the following donations:
School Supplies – Pens, pencils, notebooks, folders, binders, USB flash drives, printer paper, index cards, post-it notes, dividers, and a heavy-duty backpack.
Laundry, Personal Care & Bedding - Laundry soap, hangers, fabric softener, laundry bag, and laundry basket, sheets and pillows, blankets, toothbrush, toothpaste, shower caddies, body soap.
You can drop donations off at any of the following locations.
- Senator Tim Kennedy's Office – 2239 South Park Ave.
- Say Yes Buffalo's Office – 712 Main St.
- City Hall – 65 Niagara Square.
- Assemblyman Sean Ryan's Office – 936 Delaware Ave.
- Erie County Legislator Barbara Miller-Williams' Office – 427 William St.
- Rich Products Corporation – 1 Robert Rich Way
- Cazenovia Neighborhood Library – 155 Cazenovia St.
- Larkin Square, Main Lobby – 726 Exchange St.
- North Buffalo Community Center – 203 Sanders Rd.
- CAO: Masten Resource Center – 1423 Fillmore Ave.
- Child & Family Services – 844 Delaware Ave.
- Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church – 400 Northampton St.
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church – 4275 Harris Hill Rd.
- Northwest Savings Bank – 7 locations:
- 1248 Abbott Rd.
- 3150 Sheridan Dr.
- 3517 Union Rd.
- 1531 Niagara Falls Blvd.
- 364 Connecticut St.
- 690 Kenmore Ave.
▼Responsive Static Content