Low-cost Frontier Airlines celebrated its first flight out of Buffalo today.
According to the Buffalo Airport's Twitter, Buffalo is the only city that Frontier serves in Upstate New York and Ontario.
Frontier landed a home at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport back in July, offering 17 direct flights per week to Denver, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Fort Myers -- starting at $49.
Here's what the airline will offer:
- Daily flights to Orlando
- Four flights a week to Tampa
- Three flights a week to Miami
- Three flights a week to Ft. Myers
- Four flights a week to Denver, starting in April 2018
Although Frontier is known for its cheap flights, you may make up the cost in other areas.
Here's what's included in your fare:
- One personal bag - it must fit under the seat in front of you. These are usually purses, totes, computer bags, briefcases, small backpacks, and diaper bags.
Here's what's NOT included in your fare:
- Pre-reserved seat assignment
- Carry-on bag - Regarding cost, Frontier's website says the "most expensive is $60."
- Checked bag - $25 online, $30 at counter/kiosk
- Priority Boarding
According to a 2017 U.S. Department of Transportation report, Buffalo Niagara International is ranked the 17th least expensive airport. The airport has a $320 average airfare compared to an overall $365 average fare for the top 100 U.S. airports.
Buffalo Niagara International has seen the number of airlines on its roster shrink in recent years as Continental merged with United, Northwest merged with Delta, and American took off with U.S. Airways.
Frontier Airline is based out of Denver, Colorado.
Frontier released this summary of service: