Price-of-Water-658x90.jpg

Actions

Foundation that hands out CO detectors needs help

Posted at 3:50 PM, Dec 08, 2014
and last updated 2015-12-03 15:50:52-05

The family who lost their loved one to carbon monoxide poisoning needs your help continuing to raise awareness about the danger of this silent killer.

Amanda Hansen died in January 2009 after sleeping over at a friend’s house and suffering carbon monoxide poisoning. She was 16-years-old.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas and from that day on her family has been dedicated to helping others prevent needless deaths.

The family fought to get Amanda’s Law passed in February 2010, which requires a carbon monoxide detector to be installed in all dwellings, and then started the Amanda Hansen Foundation, which has handed out more than 16,000 CO detectors. The foundation also donates furnaces to those in need.

Now the foundation is looking for your help continuing its mission and making sure every family is protected from carbon monoxide.

If you’d like to help, visit the foundation’s GoFundMe page.