An adult and four children were forced out of their Warring Avenue home late Wednesday night due to a fire.
Firefighters were called to a home at the corner of Warring Avenue and Genesee Street just before 11:30 p.m. Battalion Chief Mike Hillery tells 7 Eyewitness News the fire started in the basement and traveled up to the first floor. The people inside were able to get out safely. No one was hurt. A pet dog was provided oxygen at the scene by paramedics. The dog is expected to be okay.
Firefighters say the cause appears to be electrical because of where the fire started. Damage is estimated at $65,000 to the building and its contents.
The Red Cross is helping the five people displaced by the fire.