CORONAVIRUS HEADER NEW.png
CORONAVIRUS HEADER NEW.png

Actions

Fire damages two homes in Cheektowaga

Posted at 9:02 PM, Apr 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-25 23:22:51-04

Fire investigators believe grilling gone wrong may have sparked a devastating fire that damaged two homes in Cheektowaga, Monday evening.

Crews were called to the home on Vern Lane around 7 p.m.  At one point, flames were so intense they could be seen shooting through the roof of the home.

One firefighter was taken from the scene by ambulance after apparently suffering chest pains.  We're told he was taken to a local hospital for observation.