Vaccinating-WNY-658x90.jpg

Actions

Firefighers rescue and revive dog caught in fire

Posted at 4:49 PM, Jun 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-08 08:15:02-04

Firefighters are investigating a house fire that broke out on Kail Street in Buffalo's Black Rock neighborhood.

The fire broke out around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.

Neighbors tell the 7 Eyewitness News photographer on the scene that crews rescued a man and a dog from the home.

The dog needed to be revived and was given oxygen. The man suffered burns, but  according to neighbors, he was alert and sitting up in the ambulance before he was taken to ECMC.

Crews say the fire started on the first floor and spread to the second floor. They are working to identify the cause of the fire, which caused $40,000 in damage to the home, and $20,000 in damage to the home.