Vaccinating-WNY-658x90.jpg

Actions

Fire knocks out electricity for Buffalo school

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 9:34 AM, Jun 09, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-09 09:34:26-04

A small fire in the boiler room of the Hutchinson Central Technical High School, commonly known as Hutch-Tech, knocked out electricity to the building, Thursday morning.

Due the fire, the Elmwood Avenue school was evacuated as firefighters assessed the situation. The building was not damaged in the fire.

National Grid has restored power to the building and the students have returned to class.