Fire breaks out at Tops in Tonawanda

TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WKBW) - Investigators say an electrical issue with a deli cooler unit started a fire inside the Tops supermarket on Niagara Street in the City of Tonawanda. 

The fire broke out around noon. Smoke quickly filled the store. Management was able to swiftly get everyone out of the store. 

Firefighters quickly got the fire under control and ventilated the building. One person was treated for chest pains. 

Take WKBW Everywhere, on all your devices.  Download below!

Phone or Tablet: Apple, Android
Set-top Device: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Alexa

Personalize your news, get the latest 7 First Alert Forecast, and watch 7 Eyewitness News video wherever, whenever.

Learn more here about what 7 Eyewitness News provides on all these devices.
Print this article Back to Top