wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Faulty electrical service believed to be cause of fire

Faulty electrical service believed to be cause of fire
Posted at 2:38 PM, Jul 09, 2017
and last updated 2017-07-09 14:38:44-04

Firefighters in the City of Lockport responded to a call that left a house with about $20,000 worth of damage.

The fire department said it happened on the top floor at 61 Elmwood Ave., at 12:15 a.m. Sunday morning.  They believe the cause of the fire was from the faulty electrical service that runs into the house. 

No one was home during the incident and firefighters were able to control the fire until NYSEG came to shut the power off, according to authorities. Lockport firefighters were able to put the fire out.