HIRING 716 658by90.png

Actions

Family: Dog ate toxic items left by utility crew

Posted at 4:52 PM, Feb 23, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-24 11:39:57-05

A Buffalo family has a warning for fellow pet owners after their beloved dog fell critically ill.

Gabriel Lullo says his family dog, Cedar, consumed telephone wires left behind by Verizon. Now the dog is in need of blood transfusions and procedure is very expensive.

The family has set up a GoFundMe account where donations are being collected. On the page, Lullo writes: "Cedar ingested telephone wire which has metals that are extremely dangerous and toxic to dogs! This was carelessly left behind from Verizon technicians who were working on a telephone pole in the back of our yard and recklessly left behind dangerous tools and scraps of wire on the ground without our knowledge."

"Cedar is on the verge of death right now as he is on IVs with the Vets who are struggling to keep him alive. At this point we have spent thousands in bills and now we are faced with having to put him down or pursue a highly expensive blood transfusion. We are asking all who can to support our cause and help save our little man’s life! Any and all donations will be so appreciative and will help our little guy continue to be our daughter’s big furry pal!!"

7 Eyewitness News has been in contact with Verizon, who is looking into the incident. The company did indicate no materials should be left behind by a crew.