BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — During this pandemic, reading children's books to your child can be incredibly important.
"Children's books provide healing even more than things we typically think heal ourselves in the process," said Jonathan Masiulionis, President of Empowered Publicity.
When a parent and child are constantly reading together, it develops a relationship through the books that can lead to a discussion about the seriousness of the world in a way they can understand, leading to a stronger relationship.
"If you're able to share something in a way that they can understand, there's not going to be a lot of fears or doubts or insecurities," Masiulionis said. "And even if they do come up, parents can have conversations with little ones to let them know it will all be okay."
Masiulionis gave a list of a few childrens books that are great for parents to read to their kids now and after COVID-19 begins to clear up.
They are listed below
- Angel Grandma (by Heather Lean): www.HeatherLean.com
- The Bear Essentials (by Hal Price): www.EliBearStories.com
- Tools Of The Heart: Colin Discovers Confidence (by Patrick Parguin): www.ToolsOfTheHeart.com
- My Sister's Super Skills: Introducing Kid-Friendly Coping Skills (by Lauren Mosback): www.LaurenMosback.com
- Mommy's Big, Red Monster Truck (by Alison Paul Klakowicz): www.AlisonPaulKlakowicz.com
- A Home For Sally (by Stenetta Anthony): https://stenettaanthony.weebly.com/
- With The Curiousity Of A Cat (by Donna Sager Cowan): www.DonnaSagerCowan.com
For The Empowered Publicity Story Time With Mr. Jonathan, those are held on Thursdays at 7pm on the Empowered Publicity Facebook page located here.