BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Buffalo's charter schools have come together to simplify the application process.
Previously parents looking to enroll their child in a Buffalo charter school would need to submit an individual application to each school, now there is one singular application that nearly all the charter schools accept.
The new application process, which can be found online here, was championed by the New York Charter Schools Association and made possible by the participation of 18 Buffalo charter schools which include:
- Buffalo Academy of Science #1
- Buffalo Academy of Science #2
- Buffalo Collegiate Charter School
- Buffalo Commons Charter School
- Buffalo Creek Academy
- Buffalo United Charter School
- Charter School of Inquiry
- Elmwood Village Charter School-Days Park
- Elmwood Village Charter School-Hertel
- Enterprise Charter School
- King Center Charter School
- Health Sciences Charter School
- Persistence Preparatory Academy Charter School,
- Primary Hall
- South Buffalo Charter School
- Tapestry Charter School
- West Buffalo Charter School
- Westminster Community Charter School
“The Association is proud to have facilitated this collaborative effort between Buffalo’s great public charter schools,” said Yomika S. Bennett, Executive Director of the New York Charter Schools Association. “It is our hope that this platform increases access to and knowledge of the area’s charter schools and simplifies the application process for families.”
The application deadline for the 2021-2022 school year is April 1, 2021.