Tops Friendly Markets and Erie County Cancer Services have partnered to provide the community with free colon cancer screening kits at 12 of its WNY locations.
Erie County Cancer Services encourage all women and men 50 years and older to be screened for colorectal cancer. According to the CDC, colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the U.S., and it's the third most common cancer in women and men.
“As part of our partnership with Erie County Cancer Services, TOPS is happy to be able to provide these at-home screening kits free of charge to area Erie County residence who qualify, helping our community take better care of their health," said Matt Hamed, Tops Friendly Markets spokesperson.
These Tops stores will hold screening events from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. on the date listed below:
- 1275 Jefferson Ave, Buffalo, NY -- 3/6/2018
- 425 Niagara St, Buffalo, NY -- 3/7/2018
- 3500 University Plaza, Buffalo, NY -- 3/8/2018
- 3201 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park, NY -- 3/13/2018
- 890 Young St., Tonawanda, NY -- 3/14/2018
- 1740 Sheridan Dr, Buffalo, NY -- 3/15/2018
- S. 6150 South Park Ave., Hamburg, NY -- 3/20/2018
- 12775 Broadway, Alden, NY -- 3/21/2018
- 4777 Transit Rd, Depew, NY -- 3/22/2018
- 9660 Transit Rd, East Amherst, NY -- 3/27/2018
- 150 Niagara St., Tonawanda, NY -- 3/28/2018
- 355 Orchard Park Rd., West Seneca, NY -- 3/29/2018