Buffalo firefighters found a house fire as they were investigating the smell of smoke in the Elmwood Village.
The fire was located on the 200 block of Ashland Avenue just after 11 p.m. Monday.
Firefighters made an aggressive push to search the home and fight the fire. They determined no one was home after a few different searches.
It is believed that the fire had been burning on the home's first floor for some time before it broke through a rear window and spread into the attic.
Total damages were pegged at $120,000.
Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:
Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail: