wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Electrical short causes damaging fire in Falls

Posted at 3:33 AM, Oct 04, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-04 08:14:13-04

Fire quickly spread inside a Niagara Falls home, late Monday night.  

Niagara Falls firefighters say an electrical short sparked in the first floor bedroom, at 1073 85th Street, about 9:30 p.m.  Firefighters say the fire quickly spread throughout the second story of the home.

It took firefighters an hour to get the fire under control.

The fire caused about $70,000 in damage.

It's unclear if anyone was inside when the fire started.  No one was hurt.