wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Electrical issue blamed for overnight fire

Posted at 7:46 AM, Apr 10, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-10 07:46:52-04

Buffalo firefighters say an electrical issue is to blame for an overnight fire.

Fire started inside a home on Stockbridge Avenue, just south of University at Buffalo's south campus, just after 11:00 p.m. Sunday.

Firefighters say the fire started in a bedroom on the first floor.  They were able to make quick work of the fire.

"We were on scene in about 3 or 4 minutes.  Engine 23 made a quick push and had the fire under control in about ten minutes," Battalion Chief Thomas Reddington told our 7 Eyewitness News photographer.

Despite that, firefighters say there was about $50,000 in damage.

A woman and a dog made it out safely.