A crew working on a home involved in a deadly fire on Friday made an emotional discovery.
A worker noticed a dog pop out of the rubble of a home on Humber Avenue. That home was the site of a early morning fire that claimed the lives of two men and injured two children.
Workers told 7 Eyewitness News that the dog appeared to be hungry but otherwise ok. "He seemed like he was shocked. We fed him some donuts," said Merle Steele who helped to rescue the dog. "The dog was definitely in the fire. He was in the basement and couldn't get down there. It's amazing the dog is still alive."
The has been taken to a local animal hospital for the time being. At this point it's still unclear who the dog was living with before the fire.