WARSAW, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Wyoming County Community Health System has announced changes to patient visitation as it continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic.
WCCHS says all visitation will be stopped until further notice.
"We continue to encourage families to consider communication through phone and video chat. The Patient and Family Services department can assist with this," WCCHS said in a release.
The following visitations are allowed per NYSDOH guidance:
- Labor and Delivery- one support person and a doula (if the patient has one).
- Pediatric Patients- one support person.
- Imminent End-of Life- one support person.
- Medically Necessary Situations- one support person.
- Surgery- WCCHS remains open for elective inpatient and outpatient surgery. The patient may be dropped off at the main entrance and picked up at the completion of procedure.
WCCHS says if you have any questions about the changes you can call (585) 786-2233.