The Buffalo Niagara Partnership is working hard to connect employers to the latest information and resources to help them deal with the financial impact of the coronavirus.
On Thursday, the Partnership issued the following information in hopes of providing more clarity on Governor Cuomo's latest Executive Order mandating employers reduce their on-site workforce by 75%.
Courtesy: Buffalo Niagara Partnership.
- The EO (Executive Order) takes effect Friday 3/20/20 at 8PM
- The 75 percent reduction mandate is for employees on site at any given time
- This mandate applies to both profit and non-profit employers
- Employers are strongly encouraged to have employees work from home where and when possible
- The EO contains a list of essential businesses that are exempt from the mandatory reduction. These essential businesses include:
- Essential health care operations including research and laboratory services
- Essential infrastructure including utilities, telecommunication, airports and transportation infrastructure
- Essential manufacturing, including food processing and pharmaceuticals
- Essential retail including grocery stores and pharmacies
- Essential services including trash collection, mail, and shipping services
- News media
- Banks and related financial institutions; providers of necessities to economically disadvantaged populations
- Vendors of essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of residences or other essential businesses
- Vendors that provide essential services or products, including logistics and technology support, childcare and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public