BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Kaleida Health has expanded the visitation policy for long-term care residents at HighPointe on Michigan, beginning Friday.
Visitors are allowed by appointment only at HighPointe on Michigan and will need to bring proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Kaleida Health also added the following changes
- Visitors allowed by appointment only at HighPointe on Michigan in accordance with New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidelines
- Visitors should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit for the following screening protocols as required by the NYSDOH:
- Verification of proof of negative COVID-19 test within three (3) days of visit
- Temperature check and questions related to recent travel and COVID-19 symptoms
- Recording of visitors address, telephone numbers and email, if available, for contact tracing purposes
- Staff will transport resident to the designated visiting area and will be present to supervise the visit
- Visitors must wear a mask and maintain six (6) feet of distance from the resident, staff and other visitors and residents; masks will be provided upon arrival
You can read more about the guidelines by clicking here.