BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday the "Vax and Scratch" program that gives New Yorkers a chance to win up to $5 million for getting vaccinated.
According to Cuomo, beginning Monday, May 24th and until Friday, May 28 if you get vaccinated at one of 10 New York State COVID-19 vaccine sites you will receive a $5 million Mega Multiplier scratch-off lottery ticket if you are 18 and older.
The following COVID-19 vaccination sites will offer the program:
- University at Buffalo South Campus
- Rochester Dome Arena
- State Fair Expo Center: NYS Fairgrounds
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- New York National Guard Armory
- Bronx - Bay Eden Senior Center
- SUNY Stony Brook
- York College - Health and Physical Education Complex - Queens
- Medgar Evers College - Brooklyn
- Javits Center
The ticket normally costs $20 and you have a one in nine chance of winning something.
The governor says this is just a pilot program for next week, but state officials will see how the program goes and make a decision from there on if it will be extended.