TOWN OF TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Town of Tonawanda is ready to welcome golfers once again.
Town leaders just announced that weather permitting, the Sheridan Park Golf Course will open Friday, May 1. According to a news release issued by the town, new "zero-tolerance" rules will be in place to maintain social distancing and to limit contact.
“If weather permits, we are looking forward to opening the 2020 golf season at the Towns Sheridan Park Golf Course tomorrow Friday, May 1, at 8:00 AM. The course is wet right now so we need some drier weather to make that happen, said Town of Tonawanda Councilman, Bill Conrad-Chairman of the Towns Youth, Parks & Recreation Committee. “Golfer’s will notice several changes in the way the course operates and will also encourage social distancing and limiting contact at all times with a ZERO-TOLERENCE POLICY IN PLACE, (see attached Golf Course COVID-19 Policy).
“Our hopes are that our golfers will remain cognizant of the seriousness of this Pandemic we are all faced with and be respective of everyone’s well-being”. We are hoping for a dry day to welcome our golfers”, added Councilman Conrad.
Town of Tonawanda Youth, Parks & Recreation - COVID - 19 Golf Policy:
· Zero Tolerance: Staff has the ability to ask any golfer or group not abiding by these policies to vacate the golf course. No Refunds will be given for anyone removed from course. Season Memberships will be revoked.
· Masks / face coverings must be worn while checking in with cashier and any time when “Social Distancing” isn't possible.
· Hours of Operation - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm - Last Tee Time 5:36 pm
· Tee Times will be limited during the day to every 16 minutes.
· No “Bag Line” at the golf course. Players must have a tee time prior to arriving at the course.
· Credit Card or Gift Card payments only. No cash payments.
· Walking only, No Riding Carts.
· No pull cart rentals.
· Club House is closed to patrons. No access to locker rooms or rest rooms. Public rest room at #9 Tee will be open.
· Scorecards will not be provided. Players encouraged to use an “App” to keep score on their own score.
· No rakes will be provided in bunkers. Players are asked to smooth bunker with foot when needed.
· Do Not Remove Flagstick. Cups will be blocked so ball will not fall completely into hole.
· No beverage or concession items for sale.