WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. (WKBW) — Major health facilities statewide, along with skilled nursing and assisted living providers in Erie and Niagara Counties are asking for your help in providing personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies.
It's all in the effort to combat the spread of coronavirus.
“The men and women working in our nursing homes are caring for the most vulnerable among us during these difficult days,” said Stephen Hanse, President & CEO of NYSHFA/NYSCAL. “There is a dangerous shortage of PPE in these healthcare facilities and in this setting in particular, this equipment provides important two-way protection in terms of restricting the spread of the COVID-19 virus.”
The following items are requested
· Disposable PPE
· Respirator masks (N95), all sizes, fit test kits and solutions, unopened boxes
· Masks, tie, ear loop, procedure/surgical, with or without face shield, unopened boxes and cloth
· Thermometers, No Touch
· Cleaning/disinfecting supplies, solutions, wipes
· Gloves, sterile, non-sterile, nitrile – all sizes, unopened boxes, latex or vinyl
· Hand sanitizer – unopened containers, any size, pumps needed (Unexpired)
· Bleach bottles or spray, wipes – unopened containers
· Eye protection – glasses, goggles, face shields, unused in box or wrapper
· PAPR respirators – 3M or MaxAir – unused. Hoods, filters, batteries, chargers, tubes to go with these units are also needed
· Gowns, isolation disposable or reusable– unused, any style or color
All items must be new and unused.
Looking to donate? Anyone to donate PPE or Cleaning Supplies can contact Elderwood at (716) 250-0062 or via email at Donations@elderwood.com to coordinate pick-up or drop off.
Drop-offs will be accepted at 1142 Wehrle Drive in Williamsville Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and pick-ups will be coordinated by appointment.