BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Pegula Sports & Entertainment, KeyBank and M&T Bank have teamed up to support local health care workers.
KeyBank and M&T Bank are joining an initiative that PSE began March 25th, the companies will provide $540,000 to aid front line workers at Kaleida Health, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, and ECMC in the fight against COVID-19.
The aid will provide:
- Personal protective equipment and other necessary hospital equipment
- Meals for front line workers and caregivers
- Tablets for virtual interaction between patients and loved ones that will be donated to local schools following the crisis
- Employee and patient hardship support
- Hotel rooms for front line workers fighting COVID-19, who aren’t comfortable heading home to their loved ones because of the risk of transmission
PSE originally launched the initiative with $1.2 million in funding which has since grown by $260,000 with donations from players and staff.
“Everyone in Western New York is in this fight together,” said PSE President & CEO Kim Pegula. “KeyBank and M&T Bank are both great partners of ours. Today our partners look beyond individual goals and join together with us for a much more important cause, as we provide brave front line workers with supplies they need to combat COVID-19 in our community.”