BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Kaleida Health reports that a Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital patient has tested positive for COVID-19. The patient was being evaluated at the hospital on Monday.
According to health officials, the details are as follows:
- The patient is in good condition and is recovering in an isolation room at Suburban.
- The patient did not come in contact with any other patients at Suburban.
- The hospital staff who examined her and continue to treat her are using all appropriate measures to avoid potential exposure to the virus. This includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- This patient works in management at the Visiting Nursing Association (VNA) of Western New York, a Kaleida Health affiliate.
- In her management capacity, the patient had no contact with VNA patients at any time over the past 14 days.
- In her work capacity, the patient did have contact with co-workers at the VNA corporate office over the past 14 days.
- Kaleida Health and the VNA are working with the ECDOH to determine tracing potential contacts of the patient.
“Our first confirmed inpatient case of COVID-19 is tangible proof that our nurses, physicians and staff were well-prepared and followed all of the appropriate protocols,” said Ken Snyder, MD, PhD, chief physician quality officer for Kaleida Health. “We cannot thank them enough for their commitment to patient and employee safety at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.”